We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site www.teamsouthwest.co.uk (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering with Our Site and when requesting and/or supplying services or information from/to us or third parties;
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email);
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us;
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys or participating in or attending events. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act; and
- Information that you provide to us as part of any application for funding or funding agreement.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for the operation of the service and for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to us via email or Our Site is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of third parties authorised by us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Site, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to Our Site and/or to our service;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- To carry out our obligations and policy objectives and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may also use your data, and/or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we and/or they may contact you about these. We and/or any third party that we permit to use your data, will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know.
We will not sell your data on to any third party.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention, credit risk reduction and to pursue debtors;
If we use a third party to host the servers on which your personal information is stored; and
In any other manner mentioned elsewhere in this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.